Welcome

The Castle

The Streets

Shops & Businesses

The Railway

Events

Personalities

The Schools

Sports & Pastimes

Fire Brigade

Local Villages

Prints & Maps

Contact

Bill Jay in one of the greenhouses at Castle Gardens c1930 Samuel Evans,the Postman in Heol-y-Dwr1903 Samuel Evans still delivering the post in 1955 George Newton (on the right) with his staff in Oxford Road 1935 C. T. Evans. the first Fire Chief in Hay George Newton and staff at their works in Cae Mawr lane. Gladys Turner (onright) with a colleague outside the old telephone exchange on The Pavement 1932. Hay Town Councillors 1960. l to r: Arthur Golesworthy, Dick Keylock, Bert Breeze, Jimmy James, Donald Maddy and Tom Pritchard. Terry Madigan with his parents. They owned the Plaza cinema in Hay and Madigan's Garage in Church Street. Miss Jay and Miss Rumsey at work in Castle Gardens 1930 Miss Tunnard Moore, cub mistress in Hay and Cusop for many years. Presentation to Jack Bryne for long service as GPO linesman c1960 RevJ.J. DeWinton and  his wife. Vicar of Hay 1903 to 1933. Rhys Harding, organist at St. Mary's Church during the 1920's and 1930's Sergeant Basset. Police sergeant at Hay duing the 1940's and 1950's. The last operators at Hay manual telephone exchange on The Pavement c1968 County Councillor J.V. Like and Mrs. Like. They owned the garage in Church Street jquery lightbox flash playerby VisualLightBox.com v5.7

Some characters and personalities from past days

Just click on a thumbnail to start the slideshow