Welcome

The Castle

The Streets

Shops & Businesses

The Railway

Events

Personalities

The Schools

Sports & Pastimes

Fire Brigade

Local Villages

Prints & Maps

Contact

The National or Church School in BreconRoad. Alan Barrett, headmaster c1880 Church School in Brecon Road. Harry Morris,headmaster c1895 Miss Bidmeade's private school in Bear Street c1900 The Council School in Heol-y-Dwr c1914 The Council School in Heol-y-Dwr c1921 The Council School in Heol-y-Dwr 1923 The Council School in Heol-y-Dwr 1926 Parish Hall School in Lion Street 1939 The Council School in Heol-y-Dwr1938 The Council School in Heol-y-Dwr 1940 Council school class c1960, Alan Davies, headmaster At the opening of the new Hay Primary School in Oxford Road 1972. C.Councillor J.V. Like, Mrs Like and pupils jquery lightbox flash playerby VisualLightBox.com v5.7

Apart from some early private schools the two main primary schools were the Council School in Heol-y-Dwr and the National or Church School in Brecon Road. The Parish Hall in Lion Street was used for the infant class for the Church School in Brecon Road.

A new combined Primary school was built in Oxford Road in 1972. The Heol-y-Dwr building was demolished in 1970 and replaced by a new Police Station. The old National School in Brecon Road is now the Masonic Lodge.


The Schools of Hay